Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Reporter Connects Library to Heart of Diamonds

Barbara Livingston Nackman, a municipal reporter for Westchester's biggest newspaper, the Journal News, has been a fan of libraries since he began her journalism career writing for book-selling and library publications. She drew an immediate connection between my position as a trustee for the Westchester Library System and my novel, Heart of Diamonds, in a recent post on her blog at LoHud.com, Book by Book.

That connection, of course, mirrors a line in my acknowledgments to Heart of Diamonds, where I say,

"I’d also like to thank the Westchester Library System and its 38 member libraries, whose collections gave me a world of background information on everything from the Congo’s history and politics to its flora and fauna."

Dave Donelson, author of Heart of Diamonds

Tags: , ,

No comments: